What if you stopped listening to what other people said you should do and just did stuff you wanted to do?
What happens when we shut down our fantasies? When we stop believing in things we can't see? When we stop dancing?
• Feck Perfuction by James Victore
• JoshShear.com: Losing our shame
• "Pan's Labyrinth"
• Pirates of the Caribbean
• Star Wars
• "The Neverending Story"
• JoshShear.com: Keep your fantasies alive, and why you should dance at weddings
June 14 is Flag Day in the United States. Where did it come from? How do we celebrate?
We also read the Toast to the Flag.
We discuss how listening makes connections in your brain, and look at what we're taking in through our ears.
• JoshShear.com: Notes on Bert Kreischer's conversation with Bobby Kelly
• JoshShear.com: Notes on Mike Baker on Joe Rogan's podcast
• How much time do people spend reading, listening and watching?
• Audiobooks are more engaging than films or TV
• Listening is a shortcut to assimilating our brains to our surroundings
• Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
• Jason Segal on Marc Maron's podcast
• Digging Up Mother by Doug Stanhope
• Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins
• JKWD Podcast
• Tim Ferriss' podcast
• Joe Rogan's podcast
• Big Questions with Cal Fussman
• Timesuck with Dan Cummins
• Duncan Trussell Family Hour
• Astonishing Legends
• JoshShear.com: What are you listening to?